Birthdays, Birthdays.....

Monday, October 6, 2008

Summer is a busy time for our family and Birthdays...First My Son, then Husband and finally Daughter.

This first cake is from My son's 7th Birthday. His Theme was Pokemon. I made Pokeball invitations, so of course, had to make a Pokeball Cake. The top is made with a 3D sports ball pan. (just a note....the pan takes the whole packaged cake mix....I had to make it 2 times because I didn't use the whole mix the first time) The bottom is a 2 layer 8 inch round cake. I used a stick to hold the whole thing together.
Here's a picture of it totally completed, with Pokemon all around it. He thought it was just the coolest cake EVER!


So, this brings me to my Daughter's 5th birthday. Her theme was Pink and Cowgirls. She has a crazy fascination with Horses. (I guess most little girls do) So, I decided to make a cake to look like a meadow with a horse corral.
I wanted to use a chocolate candy mold I have to make the fence pieces, but the weather in Nebraska at the end of July is not good for candy making (most days are close to 100 Degrees) and the pieces all broke. I ended up using colored popsicle sticks, cut and glued together. The horses are My Little Pony's I found at the Party Store.

0 comments: